Tomorrow, President Obama will deliver his State of the Union address at 9:00 p.m. ET. During that speech, he’ll lay out his vision for an America where hard work and responsibility are rewarded, where everyone does their fair share, and where everyone is held accountable for what they do.
|POTUS in with citizen journalists|
Immediately following the President’s speech on Tuesday, be sure to stay tuned to WhiteHouse.gov/SOTU for a live panel featuring senior White House advisors answering your questions about the speech. Then, on Wednesday, Thursday, and Friday, a group of policy experts and advisors to the President will sit down for Office Hours on Twitter -- discussing the issues that matter to you and your community.
Finally, on Monday, January 30, President Obama will join the conversation in a special Google+ Hangout, a live multi-person video chat, from the White House.
Participating in the Hangout is easy -- just visit the White House YouTube channel to submit your questions and vote for your favorites between now and January 28. A few participants will be chosen to join the President in the Google+ Hangout to ask their questions of the President live!
Check out WhiteHouse.gov/SOTU to learn more about watching the enhanced State of the Union online and all the ways you can ask questions this week:
Here’s the full lineup -- all times are ET.
Here’s the full lineup -- all times are ET.
- 9:00 p.m.: Watch the enhanced version of the speech that features graphics, data and stats that highlight the issues the President is discussing onWhiteHouse.gov/SOTU. Use the Twitter hashtag #SOTU to discuss the speech live.
- 10:00 p.m.: Immediately following the speech, pose your questions to a live panel at the White House. Senior advisors will answer your questions about the President’s address submitted via Twitter (use #WHChat and #SOTU), Facebook, Google+, and an in-person audience of Tweetup participants.
Wednesday Office Hours Schedule
- All Day: Josh Earnest, Principal Deputy Press Secretary, answers your questions on Twitter (@jearnest44)
- 1:00 p.m.: Office Hours with Mark Zuckerman, Deputy Director of the Domestic Policy Council
- 3:00 p.m.: Office Hours with Dan Pfeiffer (@pfeiffer44), White House Communications Director
Thursday Office Hours Schedule
- 10:00 a.m. Veterans: Matt Flavin, White House Director of Veterans and Wounded Warrior Policy
- 11:00 a.m. LGBT: Miriam Vogel, White House Senior Policy Advisor and Gautam Raghavan, White House Associate Director for Public Engagement
- 12:00 p.m. Women: Racquel Russell, Special Assistant to the President for Mobility and Opportunity and Avra Siegel, White House Deputy Executive Director for the Council on Women and Girls
- 1:00 p.m. Seniors: Jeanne Lambrew, Deputy Assistant to the President for Health Policy and Nick Papas, Assistant Press Secretary
- 2:00 p.m. Latinos: Felicia Escobar, White House Senior Policy Advisor, Julie Rodriguez, White House Associate Director of Public Engagement and Luis Miranda, White House Director of Hispanic Media
- 4:00 p.m. Small Business Owners: Christine Koronides, Senior Advisor for Economic Policy, National Economic Council
- 5:00 p.m. African Americans: Danielle Gray, Deputy Assistant to the President for Economic Policy
- 6:00 p.m. Asian American Pacific Islanders: Chris Lu, Assistant to the President and Cabinet Secretary
- TBD Youth: Administration official to be announced
Friday Office Hours Schedule
- 11:00 a.m. Foreign Policy: Ben Rhodes, Deputy National Security Advisor for Strategic Communications and Speechwriting
- 12:00 p.m. Education: Roberto Rodriguez, Special Assistant to the President for Education Policy
- 1:00 p.m. Health: Jeanne Lambrew, Deputy Assistant to the President for Health Policy and Nick Papas, Assistant Press Secretary
- 2:00 p.m. Energy: Heather Zichal, Deputy Assistant to the President for Energy and Climate Change and Dan Utech, Deputy Director for Energy Policy
- 3:00 p.m. Consumer Protections: Brian Deese, Deputy Director National Economic Council
- 4:00 pm The Economy: Jason Furman, Principal Deputy Director National Economic Council
- 5:00 p.m. Job Opportunities: Portia Wu, Senior Policy Advisor for Mobility and Opportunity Policy
- 6:00 p.m. Urban Issues: Racquel Russell, Special Assistant to the President for Mobility and Opportunity
Monday January 30
- President Obama participates in a Google+ Hangout from the White House