Wednesday 6 February 2008

teabelly's response to delta

after resounding support to press delta for more i, with the help of a friend, just sent this letter...

6 February 2008

Dear Misters Anderson, Bastian, and Robertson-

Below is a copy of my original letter dated January 22, 2008 of my experience I had on my Delta flight from Johannesburg to Atlanta via Dakar. I'd like to thank you for your response. Last week a kind woman called informing me that you had agreed to give me and my friend a $250 voucher for my inconvience. She ask that I call back and give her the information for my friend, but i have not yet heard back.

Unfortunately, $250 but that does not go nearly far enough to compensate me for the danger, harrassment, lack of basic sanitation and inconsiderate treatment I experienced on that trip. In fact, I have a friend, who traveled during the same time on Delta, who received a $350 voucher when she volunteered to give up her seat on an overbooked domestic flight. She never exeperienced the danger, harrassment, or lack of basic sanitation I experienced. At the very least, I should be given a voucher to cover the cost of a one-way trip back to South Africa, which at this time is $3458 for a three week advanced purchase. Additionally, I paid 160,000 miles to get my friend, Susan Fisher, to Johannesburg and back. I believe I should be reimbursed for at least the 80,000 miles of the return flight.

As a platinum member, I fly Delta frequently and as an international public health official for the U.S. Department of Health and Human Services I have been on many trips with Delta to Africa. I have often planned for delegations traveling to Africa to travel on Delta. I have encourage collegues to fly Delta often so as to obtain Medalion Member Status, because I felt like you treated your frequent flyers well. I am a mavin within the Deaprtment on travel. In the past I have very happy with the customer service provided. It is very disappointing to me that in this case there has been such lack of concern shown for me and my fellow passengers.

You can be sure, I will not fly Delta in the future if I can not be certain for my safety and be assured it is your number one concern. I hope you will address with your staff the issues of no information, no food or water, a more secure manner of transportation, and protection from the abusive and intimidating luggage workers. All of these things could have been prevented had there been Delta staff at the airport when we arrived.

This experience has been inconsistent with my high expectations for Delta travel and customer service. I think you will agree is is not what you want your customers to experience or expect. I am giving you an opportunity to keep me as a customer by resolving this to my satisfaction.

I look forward to hearing from you. You may reach me at xxx-xxx-xxx. Thank you for your time and consideration in this matter.

teabelly
skymiles number
address

No comments: