Friday 23 December 2011

warren's homework: write a letter to eleanor holmes

"warren" my neighbor has the assignment of writing a letter to congresswoman holmes for his government class and asked for my help.  bless his heart, he had no idea what he was in for.  he got a whirl wind history lesson from the beginnings of the slave trade to the current drug war in mexico, to health care in america.  i wanted him to come up with the topic he felt most passionate about and have him tell me.  so we just fiddle around on the internet, me lecturing at full force of professor belly ... and we stumbled on this series... we both cried and it prompted this first paragraph ... at least for the first draft of the easy.  he dictated something here, but because he doesn't have internet at home, he has to go home and put it all in his own words.  so he is writing in his journal and then coming back to me with his take on the matter ... i'm sure it will be awesome.

this is the dictated paragraph:

I believe that we should make it legal to use and grow marijuana in DC.  I think it would be important to make sure selling marijuana without a license was super illegal.  I think people should only be able to sell the marijuana they grow.  Ideally, they should give away extra the way my neighbor Ms. Teabelly gives away vegetables.





part 2
part 3
part 4
part 5
part 6

No comments: